Thursday, January 15, 2009

Confused and panicking...

These past few hours have been the most confusing of my entire life. I tremble from head to toe when I think of the deed that has been set upon me. No... the dead that has been forcefully heaved upon me. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard those hateful words pour out of my beloved wife's mouth. Kill the rightful king? Kill my king? Kill King Duncan? Jeez! I'm not stupid; when I arrived home from battle, I could almost hear the gears of murder clicking in my lady's head. I felt so ridden with guilt that I could barely swallow with my king sitting right across from me at dinner. He looked at me with pride and said all this good stuff about me, that I was the greatest warrior of all time (yeah, I kind of am), and that I was a pleasure to have as subject.

If only I could resist my wife's words weaving around me like a spider web (I'm in a situation that is similar to the giant spider Shelob attacking Frodo in Lord of the Rings in the picture above). Then she questioned my manliness! Ha! Does she not know that I have skewered the enemy and sliced off their heads as if they were mere vegetables? That my knees never, ever shook with fear when blood poured from them like a great waterfall? Although that should not be compared to killing my king! My king is not my enemy; I am his servant! When it comes to killing your innocent master, my lady is much more of a man than I am. Oh, if only those horrid witches hadn't made those prophesies.

But they say that I am to be king! King! Can you believe it? King Macbeth! It could be worth it. A golden crown, a scepter, everyone following your command... There are benefits. I do not want to kill Duncan. (It feels silly to call him my king when I will soon kill him). But I want the crown very badly. I also know that I am definitely going to follow my lady's commands; thinks that she has already convinced me and will probably murder me along with Duncan if she finds that I am still uncertain. I will go now. Wish me luck, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment