Thursday, January 15, 2009

Banquo's Ghost


I just can’t believe what happened today at the banquet. I was glad to know that Banquo is dead, but I must keep an eye on Fleance. He might avenge me one day but I don’t have to worry about it now. Not even a bit. During the banquet, I saw a frightening creature. It was a ghost, not just any ordinary ghost, but Banquo’s ghost with blood dripping from all the twenty deep gashes that my murderers gave him. I have no words to explain my feelings. My heart started to beat like a drum and beads of sweat dripped down my face. I felt like my heart was going stop beating any second soon. Not only that, he was sitting on my place! Is this supposed to mean death for me?

Banquo’s ghost started to move toward me. I would not have been afraid, if Banquo took any other form. It was the horrible sight of the blood dripping face that scared the hell out of me. The sight is still in my eyes. I don’t think I can ever sleep again. My wife was upset with my reaction, but I just can’t explain what I saw and she wouldn't believe me. I was frustrated when she asked if I was a man. It was this same question of hers that made me kill Duncan. Who would not react if they saw a ghost, especially like the picture above with blood dripping down to the ground?

I wonder how I looked in front of all the guests. It would have seemed as if I had a split personality. My wife told them that I was often like this from my childhood. What would they think about me now? Wouldn’t they think I am not fit to be the King of Scotland? My reactions might have made my guests suspicious. How stupid can I be? I have murdered the trustworthy King and my close friend Banquo to become what I am today, the King of Scotland, and now I was almost going to ruin everything. I just can’t decide if Banquo’s ghost was my imagination, like the dagger from before, or if it was in fact real, but one thing I know for sure…danger is fast approaching my throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment